click here to go to The Wellington click here to go to the New Wellington's own website 2018 left hand corner - was Wilson's Fish & Chips
The White House, a veterinary practice, was purchased by Greene, King and converted to a pub, the licence being transferred from the Wellington in Wellington Street in 1932.
The stable block was used for storage, but the Ashley Road/Stanley Road corner of that block was converted to a fish and chip shop certainly from WW2 to the 1950's
Year Licensee Owner source 1932 Archibald Emmanuel Cornish Greene, King brewery records 1939 " " " " 1939 register ? Geoffrey Bond (son in law of previous) " " 24-7-1975 Stephen Alfred Ponder " " licensing records 21-7-1977 Malcolm John Reeve " " " Joe ? " " 21-12-1986 Michael Joseph Wallace (from Cherry Tree) " " licensing records 16-10-2006 Keith Charles Pawley " " licensing register 2-11-2011 Georgina Megan Sampson (Miss) " " " "
click here to go to The Wellington
click here to go to the New Wellington's own website
left hand corner - was Wilson's Fish & Chips