Since the demise of the Kingsway Cinema, the premises have had a mixed history. |
Originally part of Panton Mansion, it then became Stamford House, and in 1926, the Regency Cinema, renamed successively as Kinema and the Kingsway (by 1936)
The Kingsway closed in 1977 and the Coronet bingo club started up. This was followed by The White House ( basically a music venue for the youth of the town). This morphed into Club M from 2000 to 2004. The main part of the building is now two clubs, Heaven and The Ark.
Heaven is a Gentlemen's Club and Late Night Bar with lap and pole dancing, frowned upon by many on the local authority, who have failed to withdraw its licence.
click here to go to the Newmarket Shops website for more details
click here to go to the Heaven own website
|24-1-2005||Seamus McConalogue||Seamus McConalogue||licensing register|
|10-5-2006||Gregory Kenneth Palmer||Heaven Awaits Ltd||licensing records|
|4-9-2014||Mitchell John Clarke||" "||licensing register|
|28-2-2017||Gokui Swami (Mr)||Newmarket Entertainment Ltd||licensing records|
Kingsway, late 1920s 1930s c 2000 - White House as Club M -c 2003 2018 - photo Newmarket Journal
Kingsway, late 1920s
c 2000 - White House
as Club M -c 2003
2018 - photo Newmarket Journal